All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.



Saturday, December 18, 2010

Revenge is Sweet


The title should say it all. My last post left off as I swore revenge on the pranksters at work. Well this week, I got it. So in reality, I only got the man that jumped out of the box with this stunt, but it was enough for me. At work we have a wonderful volunteer that comes and works with us nearly every day. She is expecting her second child in about 3-4 weeks (although she keeps begging to have him now, as she is extremely uncomfortable). Because some days she expresses her discomfort, this particular prankster has repeatedly informed her that under no circumstances is she to go into labor at work, let alone deliver the baby. Well on Monday that is exactly what happened. Here is how I set up the prank...


I called this woman in and asked if she would be willing to play along (she was of course more than happy to oblige). I then had her go down and talk to this man and during the course of the conversation mention how she was not feeling well today and had some cramping, at which point she was to go sit in the break room. Meanwhile, while she was in the break room we poured water under her chair and I hid in the nearby closet, in preparation to hear what would soon ensue. My target was then paged by the store manager (also my willing accomplice) to bring in some extra chairs from the break room to the office. While he was getting said chairs, my willing comrade suddenly panicked and said, "Oh no!!! My water just broke!". To which he replied, "Oh no it did not!". You could already hear the panic in his voice. Then she said, "Yes it did, I think I am going into labor!". It was at that moment that he really sounded freaked out and ran out yelling he would get help. Of course we did not actually want a 911 call to be made, so my manager was just around the corner to stop him from reaching the phone. He told this man that he needed to go stay with her while help was called. Just after he ran past the closet I was hiding in, I got out and waited for him to come back around. When he did I just smiled and said, "Gotcha". Oh the look on his face. Nothing can really describe the satisfaction that I received as the look of realization came about. This time the roars of laughter from staff were not directed at me, but rather are baby delivering hero.


Like I said before, I don't get mad... I get even.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Jessica, I am proud of your deviousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, to tell you the truth, I was pretty proud as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still believe that it would have been hilarious (and a bit scarier) had she really gone into labor. I am glad she did not, but...wow!

    ReplyDelete