All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.



Friday, October 8, 2010

There's something about fairy...


So I figure after a good ghost story, a funny one is now in order. This has got to be the best thing that has happened since moving down here. After you read this you may feel a bit sorry for me, haha. So we had a new volunteer start at work last week. Lets call him John. Now John's arrival was unexpected, but well accepted. He is an attractive guy that the other women working could not stop talking about. His first day the girls were going crazy talking about the possibility of future relationships with him. It was like watching a shark feeding frenzy just after a fisherman chums the water. He was quiet, but nice. He worked hard, and we appreciated how determined he was to make a good show of his work ethic. A few days after beginning, I was in the office getting someone ready to go home. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the security monitor with the cameras over differing parts of the store. One of which is the dock, where are hard working John was volunteering. This is where it gets good. What caught my attention initially was the thought that I had just seen someone prancing down the dock. I thought I was going crazy, and continued to stare at the now empty camera in the hopes of confirming or denying my suspicion. The girl I was with thought I was seeing things, until almost a full minute later walks John back into the camera frame wearing blue, glittering fairy wings. The laughter that ensued was uncontrollable. Having now confirmed that I was not crazy, a rewind was a necessity. I could not get the camera to rewind, so I grabbed my co-worker and he was able to rewind that video. Here is what we saw...
Sure enough in the corner of the screen we see our dear John pick up the fairy wings in question and look them up and down. Here is the where the laughing begins. Very carefully he looks around himself to make sure that no one is looking. He then slips on the fairy wings, stretches out his arms a little and makes one final glance around before he starts skipping and flapping his arms down the dock driveway like he is a bird about to take flight. At this point there are about five of us watching this take place and dying of laughter. I just could not leave it there. So I rewind the video to the beginning and page John to the office. He comes in having no idea what we have all witnessed. I ask him is he would be willing to do some training for us while he is here. Reluctantly he responds yes but he does not understand what he would be teaching. My co-worker jumps in without skipping a beat and says that we have some employees interested in dance and that we could use some help. I press play and we watch him as the realization of what he is looking at is made clear. "Oh noooooooooooo!" is what escapes his lips first followed by, "I even checked to make sure no one was watching". Needless to say whenever there is a rough day at the office, I rewind the video to September 30, 2010 at 5:55pm to get back a little happy. As for the rest of the story, the reason John gave for his winged experience and I quote..."I had to make sure they worked right!".
The included wings are very similiar to the ones in question. Enjoy!

The End

4 comments:

  1. This is truly excellent. You're an amazing storyteller - you don't ramble on and on and give unnecessary details, but I can totally picture this whole situation unfolding! Plus you're so funny! I'm glad there are funny things like this to give your small town some excitement. Ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz, it was definitely hilarious, and by far the funniest thing to happen thus far... Hopefully more will come...hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good read!!!!!! I want to see this video :)
    I think you should make a trilogy and have the second story be about a girl in the airport waiting for her luggage and the third story about a girl on a train with a water bottle full of warm water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Dave's comment! I think there are some other great stories you have to tell!

    ReplyDelete