All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.



Friday, October 1, 2010

Blog Virgin

So this is my very first blog. I know shocking in this day and age, that there are still some of us that are blogging virgins. So why now? What has brought me to this glorious moment in history, the turning point in am otherwise fast paced existence? One word: boredom. Here are the facts. I moved to a new town, population 6,000 people. Now some of you may look at this as a positive change, back to good ole values and close knit community living... You would be wrong. Not that there are not any advantages to small town life in the US: we have no traffic unless stuck behind a tractor or atv, running errands cannot take you more than an hour, ever, mostly because if it is not on Main street it does not exist, and if you want to know the truth about anyone in the town, ask almost anyone else and they will tell you. I was encouraged to start this blog for a couple of reasons. 1. Weird things tend to happen when I am around and 2. What else is there to do with the time that has freed itself up now that there is not a pesky social life to get in the way. And thus, the blog was born. I hesitated beginning because thus far there has not been a whole lot to report on. But I thought, maybe there are those out there with a little free time to kill as well, and what better to fill that time you should be spending elsewhere, than reading about a place that at the end may make you appreciate where you are now. Now since not everyone who reads this may know where I moved to, lets not ruin the glamor by talking about where it is. It is in Utah, and since I would prefer not everyone associated with this place hate me, lets call it Town X. Bet you did not know you were getting a blog and a mystery all rolled into one. Here is a little teaser of the few adventures I have had thus far, and will be sharing more about in the near future (I cannot talk about them all now because there may be dry spells that will need filling).
1. There's something about fairy???
2. The truth behind small town tragedies.
3. Service, fulfilling or frightening?
4. You can call me beelz
I bet you are waiting now with baited breathe. Or you are thinking, not going to add this to my favorites. Either way, just having a place to share may be just what the doctor ordered. And who knows, perhaps expressing these small insights may one day help me gain a new appreciation for Town X. Weirder things have happened, I think... May this be the start of a glorious virtual relationship. As for now I bid the world, adieu.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, I'm so glad you started a blog! One thing I miss most about you is your amazing stories, and now I have access to them from afar!

    And I totally do the same thing with my blog - I'll think of like 5 things I want to blog about, but I'll decide to spread them out so that I don't have like 5 posts in one day, then 5 weeks of nothing.

    I'm excited to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Liz! I am very glad you started a blog. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    It's so good to see that you have found positive about Town X (or as you & I know it by it's real name). I have to agree about the Main Street, errands, traffic...ok pretty much everything about this post. I hope that you can at least come to appreciate the small town"ness" that is Town X, if you can't love it. Good Luck & I hope to come down soon.

    ReplyDelete